Learning to live a life less stressful, to give our lives a more purposeful meaning, and to have some fun along the way.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Back behind the wheel

After a two week hiatus of being sick and family commitments, this weekend, I was finally back doing what I enjoy, sailing the boat with my family. This weekend was especially pleasing because I had my daughter and granddaughter on board. It was my granddaughters first time sailing and she seemed to enjoy it, even sleeping for part of our voyage.

While sailing and talking I couldn't help but think that this is how things are supposed to be. To have the undivided attention of those closest to you without the constant disruptions from T.V., cell phones and computers; time just seems slower and more enjoyable without those things.


The wind was light on Saturday and we were cruising at around 3 knots, so it was easy sailing. I could easily see myself living this way when retired; not a care in the world and no time tables. As with anything, time marches on, and we finally turned towards the marina. After docking the boat and securing her, making sure all the through hull valves were closed, because one boat at the marina was under water for reasons unknown, and we didn't want to to find ours in that condition.



So, reluctantly we left the marina knowing that fall is upon us and our sailing days for this year are numbered. Soon, we will have to pull her out for the winter, and the long wait till spring will be on again. But until then we will glide over the water at every opportunity and enjoy those lazy, relaxing days.

No comments:

Post a Comment