Learning to live a life less stressful, to give our lives a more purposeful meaning, and to have some fun along the way.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Put a spin on it.



I read today that the new book from a former Navy SEAL "No Easy Day", sheds a different light on how Osama Bin Laden was killed, rather than the White House spins doctors version. I don't think anyone is naive enough to believe everything that comes from the government.

What is sad about this story is that some people are upset that Bin Laden was killed while unarmed. I am sure that the families of the close to 3000 unarmed Americans that were killed in the terrorist attacks on 9-11 won't give a rats ass if he was armed or not.

I for one, find it appalling that we put these people above our own, and disregard the safety of our citizens, to appease the politically correct crowd. We are making the same mistakes that we made in Viet Nam by allowing politicians to dictate military policy and the rules of engagement; and a lot of young men and women are being killed because of it.

I was against the former war in Iraq, and on-going war in Afghanistan; I don't think any of them are worth the life of one American. There is no way to win against a population that hates us, so why pump billions of dollars that would be better spent here at home? We are, however, over there, and until we leave, we need to let the military decide how to fight it best.

I am an Army veteran. I did not have to go into combat during my tour of duty, If I had, I would want and expect the support of the American people and I think the troops serving today deserve ours.

I applaud the SEAL's that took down Osama Bin Laden, and all the other service men and women serving our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment