Learning to live a life less stressful, to give our lives a more purposeful meaning, and to have some fun along the way.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Rapture

Pain and suffering do we crave, our souls erupting in a fiery grave.

Ghosts of others pass us by, falling from the darkening sky.

Why do we seek such pain, did we live our lives in vain?

Spending time on our knees, does he really hear our pleas?

This question must I ask, do your eyes see such a narrow path, or is it others that give you task?

Everyone has free will, thoughts and memories they do fill.

Let me choose what I might and guide myself to the light.

What I share on this day, is the life that I have made.

To live and love and not to judge.

No one needs to be told,  in which church they must go.

Not on a cross or inside a mosque; no temple must I reach, to listen to my God speak.

Alas, the rapture can not be, for God resides inside of me.

By: John Frederick

No comments:

Post a Comment